1. Try to keep about half your diet as carbohydrates. It is not true that you should try and avoid carbohydrates when you are on a diet. They are a great source of energy, since they are complex molecules and your body will turn them into energy slowly. Thus, you should actually try to eat more of them rather than avoid them, but choose whole grains over refined (i.e., whole wheat bread over white bread).
2. 25 to 30% of your diet should be proteins. Various processes and activities are going on in our bodies. Things are broken down and being built up again. Resistance has to be built up, recovery from disease too is needed and for all this the body needs plenty of proteins so see to it that 25 to 30 % of your diet consists of proteins.
3. Fats should kept to between 15 to 20% of your diet. This should be the minimal amount of fat you need so keep it at this level.
4. Try and adopt a vegetarian diet. A diet consisting of vegetables is much healthier and better when watching one’s weight. There are many advantages to a vegetarian diet, but it is not strict necessity. My recommendation is to keep to a vegetarian diet as much as you can. Make eating meats an occasion once per week or on weekends if possible.
5. Choose white meat over red. White meat, which includes fish and poultry, is much better than red meat, primarily beef and pork, for those trying to lose weight.
6. Multigrain breads are better than white breads, since they are high in fiber. This a perfect complement to increase fiber in your diet. In fact, multigrain breads are not only better in terms of the fiber content but also in terms of how much protein they contain as well.
7. Reduce your intake of pork. Pork is not something that can help you to lose weight. So the lesser pork you eat the better chances you have of losing weight. And remember that pork includes the pork products as well, things like bacon, ham and sausages.
8. Limit your sugar intake. If you can’t have things unsweetened go for sugar substitutes. These things are just as sweetening but are certainly not fattening.
9. Eat smaller meals 5 to 6 times a day. This is called grazing, which is simply having smaller meals more often instead of three large meals, which is a great way to consume smaller quantities of food yet feel full.
10. Go ahead and cheat on your diet, but only for a boost of flavor. You will need to avoid many foods throughout your diet, but inevitably there will be cravings. You don’t have to rid your diet of them completely, but only give in to them once in a while. Make sure you merely give your tongue a taste of it, rather than gorging on it. One way to keep yourself from overindulging is too share the food with friends, as this prevents you from hogging it all to yourself.
Carl Juneau shows guys how to get a six pack using a unique combination of carefully sequenced abs exercises. Check out his web site to discover secret exercises for your abs that help to get washboard abs.
categories: Health,Dieting,Losing Weight,Nutrition,Exercise